Becoming a Member
We are privileged to be recognised as one of the best and easiest walking Courses in the area which benefits from a continuous investment programme. This investment has been extended to the Clubhouse in 2016 with a complete refurbishment of the bar and lounge.
Our membership options reflect our belief in attracting and retaining both the younger golfer and those coming to golf later in life. We also have one of the largest ladies sections in Yorkshire. While numbers are managed to ensure all members can largely play when they want, a number of membership vacancies are currently open and applications for these are invited.
Our membership year starts from April 1st but new members can join part of the way through the year and pay a pro rata rate of the remaining months.
This is the membership favoured by most gentlemen with full playing rights other than Tuesdays (Ladies Competition day) until 3.00pm:
This is the membership favoured by most Ladies with full playing rights other than Saturdays (Mens Competition day) until 3.00pm:
A weekday membership excluding weekends and Tuesdays until 3.00pm. We hold monthly Wednesday “medal” competitions for handicap purposes:
We also offer long service/senior discounts across all categories.
Our membership year starts on 1st April and amounts payable will reduce each month pro rata through the year. Monthly payment terms via Direct Debit are also available for anyone joining in April.
Offers the same benefits as Gold or Silver but at a discounted fee for those aged between 18 and 34.
A joining fee will be reintroduced in April 2018 so please contact the manager/secretary if you are considering applying who will advise if any fee is necessary prior to then. An interview and proposer are required, for more information contact the Secretary/Manager
Membership of Shipley Golf Club will also bring you:
- A renowned Alister MacKenzie course, playable throughout the year.
- Weekend and midweek qualifying competitions for all playing members.
- inter-club competitions for all handicap categories.Concessionary green fees for other courses.
- Free practice facilities including chipping area, prcatice bunker and driving range due to open April 2018.
- Expert PGA Professional services, shop and tuition.
- Reduced green fees for guests and buggy hire discounts.
- A superb clubhouse with extensive member facilities.
- Excellent in house catering and bar facilities, with member discounts.
- An extensive social events programme.
- A financially stable members club
Application forms are available to download (click here) and should be sent to our Manager Secretary.
Associate membership is a route for new people to start the game or for lapsed golfers who want to return to the game. It is ideal for those who want to try golf out before committing to full membership; you can obtain an official handicap and enjoy most of the benefits of a full member. Terms and conditions apply and are included on the application form, click here to download an Associate members application form.