The situation regarding Coronavirus is fluid. The Club is following Government advice and how the club reacts will change from day to day.
Our priority is the welfare of members, visitors and staff.
Contact Numbers for Pro Shop
Shop - 01274 563674
Nathan - 07855479201
Natalie - 07712187940
Playing Safe Golf Course Set-Up and Play
1. Course Set-up
• All rakes and ball-retrievers to be removed
• Ball washers and drinking fountains to be covered up or removed
• Benches and most bins to be removed
• All other removable items to be removed, except that stakes defining areas of the course can be treated as immovable obstructions
On-Course Items / Hole and Flagstick
• Flagsticks can be retained but they must not be touched
• Each Flagstick has an attachment that allows you to lift your ball out of the hole using your putter.
• The Driving Range is Open. Please use your own basket or bag to collect balls from the range machine. Tokens are available from the Professionals Shop.
2. Before the Round
• All tee times MUST be booked before play up to a maximum of 1 week before.
• The maximum number of golfers in a group per tee time is 3 players until further notice.
• The clubhouse will be closed.
• Golfers are requested to arrive no more than 15 minutes before their tee time. Use of the putting Green will be allowed for 5 Minutes 10 minutes before your tee time, please make your way to the tee 5 minutes before your tee time.
EG. 10am tee time – Arrive 9.45am, Putting Green 9.50am, Advance to tee at 9.55am
• Cards will be available outside the Professionals Shop
• Once open there will be a one way system to access the shop and clubhouse. Please respect this system and follow it.
• Trolleys will be available for hire from the Professionals Shop
3. During the Round
• Golfers are reminded to keep two meters apart throughout their round if not playing with a member of their household.
• Golfers to stay more than two metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots, this is important on the teeing ground and on the green.
• Golfers are reminded to not pick up or touch stray golf balls whilst on the course.
• With no rakes allowed on the course, please can all golfers to make their very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or their feet in all bunkers.
• Please remember to not touch or remove the flagstick, use the ball lifter to retrieve your ball.
• Access to the toilets will be available at the Halfway House
4. After the Round
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round, so when the round is over all golfers must leave the course and the club/facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
If you decide to finish after 10 holes please exit the course through the overflow carpark.
The clubhouse is closed until further notice.
A regular programme of cleaning and sanitising surfaces such as tables, the bar, keypads, door handles and hand rails is in place.
We are informed that the solutions we use at present are appropriate. Staff have been given instructions on the frequency of cleaning. They will be wearing single use gloves.
Staff have been instructed to wash their hands regularly and it is expected that members and visitors will do the same when entering the Club. This is in line with Government advice.
Towels in the shower areas have been removed and should individuals wish to shower please bring your own towel.
All magazines and papers have been removed from the bar and lounge areas.
Where possible doors will be left open, particularly where there are keypads, fire doors will remain closed. As stated previously, regular cleaning will take place.